[lug] Re: usb cdburner?

Ben Luey lueyb at gridley.ACNS.Carleton.edu
Sun Sep 29 15:53:10 MDT 2002

So.. cat /proc/scsi/scsi produces

Attached devices: none

which is aproblem. I ran dmesg and they output might be helpful -- the
isofs_read_super error  doesn't look good.

usb-ohci.c: USB OHCI at membase 0xc88b9000, IRQ 4
usb-ohci.c: usb-00:02.0, Acer Laboratories Inc. [ALi] M5237 USB
usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
hub.c: USB hub found
hub.c: 2 ports detected
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 2
usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x7e5/0x5c01) is not claimed by any active
driver.
attempt to access beyond end of device
03:02: rw=0, want=33 x(=0x), limit=33
isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=03:02, iso_blknum=16, block=32
scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices

I'm wondering if the Que! drive uses some wierd protocol and isn't
compatible with linux? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben