[lug] (OT) Design Patterns in Object Oriented Programming

rjudd at mlug.missouri.edu rjudd at mlug.missouri.edu
Mon Sep 30 12:44:49 MDT 2002

The Boulder Patterns Group meetings are starting up again with the new
semester.  We are starting from scratch with classic GoF book, "Design
Patterns" and now would be a great time to join us.

For those who are unfamiliar, design patterns are a way to abstract
certain relations between classes and objects in your code.  This helps
you to recognise what is going on; promotes reuse of code; simplifies
implementation; and much, much more.  I even find the ideas useful in
functional programming.

If you are interested, then please see the announcement below.  All are
welcome.  There's also a slim chance that I will be teaching a course on
this at the University of Denver in the Winter or Spring quarter.

Cheers, Rob