[lug] new to Linux

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Mon Sep 30 23:06:37 MDT 2002

Jason W. Strnad wrote:
<snip>
> You mention dual booting with XP, something which in my experience is
> only a recently solved problem, _should_ work alright with RH7.3, but
> could be a source of trouble for new to Linux users.  Are you having
> booting problems?

I am not aware of any differences between dual booting WinNT, Win2k, or
WinXP.  I am doing it myself and haven't noticed any problems.
Using the Windows boot manager and placing a 512k file with the Lilo
boot sector on the Windows boot partition seems to work very well.

Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid
Architectural Energy Corporation