[lug] xremote

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Tue Oct 1 17:41:41 MDT 2002

Nobuki Matsui wrote:
> I wonder if anybody has a success with xremote, using RH7.3.  My
> experience has been negative so far.  It compiles, but it will not run
> properly.  The control of a remote keyboard strokes/mouse does not
> work.  A quit key doesn't work either.
>
> N MATSUI
> SRRB Air Resources Lab, NOAA

If you are using two machines with monitors sitting side-by-side (where
both can be seen), you might be more interested in x2x. I don't use
xremote, but there is an rpm version available for xremote:
  http://www.linuxberg.com/x11html/preview/56080.html

Other VNC type software is available as well, though I can see how a
remote "grabbing" style application can be more useful for things like
remote help to someone requesting tech support.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi.com