[lug] resolver

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 4 09:33:30 MDT 2002

I think you have three options.

1) everything without a TRAILING dot (non-FQDN) is a candidate for
search in your list of domains.  Use a trailing dot to indicate a
literal rather than relative match.

2) remove your domain from the search list

3) remove the DNS match-all used for parking (if you can), and just
replace it with a single entry for www.mydomain.dom.  I'm sure that
nobody expect somerandomstuff.mydomain.com to resolve.