[lug] dns

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 4 17:49:48 MDT 2002

Hello,
  I have a rh7.3 dns server behind a firewall doing NAT serving up names for
the domains
i host . I tried setting one of my boxes at work to use my dns server at
home...
it resolves all of the domains it host correctly....all are named based virt
host.
But anything other than a domian i host still resolves to my dns servers ip.

ie....
www.google.com= my ip
www.yahoo.com= my ip

i cant pin point when this staring happening or if it sbeen doing it all
along...i dont think so..any suggrstions.BTW this dns server works fine for
the boxes on my lan were the dns server is located.

thanks,
jd

jd at taproot.bz           |  "MORE INPUT!"  |
http://www.taproot.bz   |    Johnny 5     |