[lug] new distro

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 6 12:55:36 MDT 2002

Hello,
  So after using Redhat8 i want to go back to 7.3....but if 8 is
the future of redhat i want to get out now. Could someone suggest a Linux
that is stright regular linux That has a nice update and package manager.
How is suse and debian. Do you suse and debian users have a hard time
getting stuff to work that works out of the box in rh? I dont mind
re-lerning
some stuff...but my next distro, i would like to think i can use it 5 or 10
years before the ultimate power corrupts it. Maybe rh8 was just what United
Linux
needed.....Where do recovering RedHat users go next?

thanks,
jd

jd at taproot.bz           |  "MORE INPUT!"  |
http://www.taproot.bz   |    Johnny 5     |