[lug] rh8.0

ljp ljp at llornkcor.com
Sun Oct 6 14:58:13 MDT 2002

On Sunday 06 October 2002 09:06 pm, j davis wrote:
> unwanted crap.But i dont really want to...I like my current OS.Just to be
> clear I think RedHat kicks ass..
> so far.

To tell you the truth, I hadn't installed a redhat since 5.0 (ouch!), and I
recently installed redhat 7.3 on a partition on my dev box, and was
pleasantly surprised. After the utter pain of 5.0 years ago, I shied away
from anything RedHat. I have tried quite a lot of distro's,  Mandrake, Suse,
and Gentoo on other boxes. I have also tried Slackware.
I dont care much for RedHat squishing KDE and Gnome together, I have never
cared for gnome very much. But thats ok, I usually install kde by compiling,
and always do a 'custom' install.

I think the most user friendly are Mandrake and RedHat.
Gentoo is too, for slightly advanced users, once you get used to the 'emerge'
system and the goofy init files. and gentoo installs a very lean and fast
system.

--
My cat's a debugger....

Potter, Lorn, "ljp"
core member
Project OPIE- the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment
http://opie.handhelds.org | http://www.opie.info (german) |
http://www.opie.us
IRC: irc.freenode.net #opie #opie.de

llornkcor at handhelds.org