[lug] group perm nightmare

chris fool at dfw.net
Mon Oct 7 10:37:24 MDT 2002

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 10:22:55AM -0600, Sexton, George wrote:
> I find the group permissions feature to be extremely handy for Samba shares.
> When you need to create directory structures for groups of people to share
> like secretaries, it makes it much easier.

surely, if you're creating directories manually anyway, it doesn't matter
what the default homedir is?  and does the default umask really apply on
samba shares when the person isn't logging in anyway?  i've never really
noticed since the samba setups i support are all tiny and
single-user-centric ("this is your share.  there are many like it but
this one is yours...")