[lug] group perm nightmare

Sexton, George gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Mon Oct 7 10:53:05 MDT 2002

Actually you do this in the smb.conf file.

create mask=0760
force create mode=0660
force directory mode=2770
directory mask=0770

You would have to refer to the smb.conf man page to see how they would all
apply together. The force directory mode ensures that any new directories
that are created are also created with the setgid bit turned on.

I can tell you from experience this does work correctly.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Home of Connect Daily Web Calendar Software
http://www.mhsoftware.com/connectdaily.htm
Voice: 303 438 9585