[lug] new distro

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Oct 7 11:54:46 MDT 2002

Peter,

It sounds like you might like Gentoo.  It is totally free, like Debian,
but much more cutting edge.  It tends to have very up to date tools.
The "portage" system seems as nice as apt-get to me.

It is designed to always build from scratch as part of the installation
process, so it is not for the faint of heart.

Michael