[lug] new distro

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 7 23:54:48 MDT 2002

After ny inital discust with rh8 i am warming up....I still
hate the fedora on my "start bar" and i cant find the
sawfish configurator that was in 7.3 and Xconfigurator
appers to be gone and pine is not in the default pakages
and i cant move the redhat update applet blue check around the
way i used to could.But, the bluecurve is pretty smooth...and
it just feels kinda good. Maybe im just wishing this but i think
the mouse server has gotten better....and this is the only thing
that i thought other versions of redhat need. Sometimes
I like to play with the mouse on a windoz box...but I have to
take 3 showers afterwords. Anyway ...gnome2 and redhat8 are pretty
smooth.Just copy over the icons from /usr/share/pixmaps on a 7.3 box
to your current box....old icons better i think. And i cant
seem to figure out how to build src rpms anymore...proably just me :)

jd

>From: "Ian S. Nelson" <nelsonis at earthlink.net>
>To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
>Subject: Re: [lug] new distro
>Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 18:35:03 -0600

>Join us on IRC: lug.boulder.co.us port=6667 channel=#colug

thanks,
jd

jd at taproot.bz           |  "MORE INPUT!"  |
http://www.taproot.bz   |    Johnny 5     |