[lug] j2sdk problems

Shannon Johnston nunar at nunar.com
Thu Oct 10 12:35:55 MDT 2002

I installed the j2sdk1.4.1 rpm from java.sun.com/j2se/

[root at forms bin]# ./java -version
There was an error trying to initialize the HPI library.
Please check your installation, HotSpot does not work correctly
when installed in the JDK 1.2 Linux Production Release, or
with any JDK 1.1.x release.

Is there something I'm missing?? Perhaps an environment variable I need
to set??

Shannon