[lug] j2sdk problems

Scott A. Herod herod at dimensional.com
Thu Oct 10 14:13:50 MDT 2002

Check your installation location.  I also just installed 1.4.1 from the
rpm and noticed that it went in /usr/java/(something-or-other) ( I can't
reach the machine to get the actual name from here ).  I had previously
put java in /usr/local/jdk-1.2.2 and linked /usr/local/java to it.  I
merely moved the link.  So my java environment variables look like:

# Java
PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/java/bin

CLASSPATH=.:$HOME/Java:/usr/local/java_xml_pack-fall01/jaxp-1.1.3/crimson.jar:/usr/local/java_xml_pack-fall01/jaxp-1.1.3/xalan.jar

JDKHOME=/usr/local/java
JAVA_HOME=$JDKHOME

export CLASSPATH JDKHOME JAVA_HOME

Scott