[lug] new port 445 MS vulnerability??

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Thu Oct 10 16:41:25 MDT 2002

All of a sudden, I am getting pounded (well, not too badly, but
consistently) with IP addresses from all over the place looking to
connect to port 445 tcp. They are harmless, nothing here is listening to
445, but I have to wonder if there is a new MS vulnerability here, or if
it is just a DDoS thing? Port 445 seems to be listed as microsoft domain
service. Anyone else seeing this? I am pasting a list of addresses
below, all of which were trying to get into port 445 at almost the same
time.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi.com

October 10, 2002

12.98.54.204