[lug] new distro

Peter Hutnick peter-lists at hutnick.com
Fri Oct 11 08:28:47 MDT 2002

Nate Duehr said:

> You may have missed the "(GRIN)" or two that are always thrown in when
> I'm poking a little fun at things -- they're meant to be rather obvious,
> since I'm a sarcastic cuss sometimes.  Even ";-)" just doesn't get that
> point across to some.

Waving a <GRIN> over a statement may give you a pass with some people, but
not with me.

> I recommended (perhaps too sternly) that you involve yourself in their
> open, public process and try to help as the only course of action that I
> personally saw available to someone in your position who really wants a
> change.  If you didn't want a change, I assumed, incorrectly, that you
> wouldn't have posted the complaints?

Again, why on Earth would I involve myself with a distro that I don't
really like when there are ones out there that I do?

Again (again), I was just trying to splash a little cold water on the
whole "Debian cures arthritis, rheumatism and migraines." thing.  It is a
fine distro for certain things, but anyone who offers it as a panacea (and
a lot of people do) is not being objective.

-Peter