[lug] ?would like to run linux on Mac

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Tue Oct 15 03:29:26 MDT 2002

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 12:36:02PM -0600, Eric House wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Eric,

> I would like to run linux on a 6115 power pc. I have not had any luck in
> downloading Yellow dog. The disk image will not mount. I get a damaged file
> error. I have tried uu decoding it and mounting it, also just mounting it.
> I'm using disk copy 6.3.3
> My ultimate goal is to create a linux router.
> Has anyone been successful in a similar project? Has anyone tried running
> any type of linux OS on a mac? If so I would greatly appreciate any ideas or
> clues.

Are you shure the 6nnn hardware plattform is supported by Yellowdog?
I couldn't find it on the 'supported hardware' list on
http://penguinppc.org/projects/hw/pmac.shtml. I have Linux running on my
G4 (Debian - just because i'm so used to it :) but never even tried to install
it on an old 6ish PPC (isn't that still NUBUS architecture ?).

  Ralf Mattes