[lug] is this a real user?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Sat Oct 19 08:51:51 MDT 2002

I just did an update via Red Carpet last night and found this entry in my logs
this morning:

useradd[21118]: new group: name=vcsa, gid=69 useradd[21118]: new user:
name=vcsa, uid=69, gid=69, home=/dev, shell=/sbin/nologin

Is this a real user or did someone hack me?  The pw entry says:

vcsa:x:69:69:virtual console memory owner:/dev:/sbin/nologin

There is a "man vcsa" entry, so maybe this is for real.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com