[lug] Redhat NFS installs: Substitute http?

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 21 16:07:54 MDT 2002

I think the fundamental problem is that the iso files need to reside on
a filesystem (which NFS provides, but HTTP does not); that way linux can
use the loop driver to mount it, providing the same interface to the
installer as a local CD.  The solution would be to use the loop mount
somewhere inside the docroot on the HTTP server.  Mount the ISO images
on the HTTP server using something like

mount -o ro,loop -t iso9660 psyche-disc1.iso $docroot/disc1

mount -o ro,loop -t iso9660 psyche-disc2.iso $docroot/disc2

mount -o ro,loop -t iso9660 psyche-disc3.iso $docroot/disc3

-John