[lug] AT&T blocking http??

r.wheaton ryan.wheaton at attbi.com
Tue Oct 22 11:57:19 MDT 2002

Hello,
    I recently just moved out here from north carolina, and have been
taking a lot of pictures with my dig. camera.  I have been posting them
on my delegated 10MB through my AT&T cable modem account.  Well, that
space has run dry.  And, what i'd like to do is just host them straight
off my cable modem.  I've noticed that my IP doesn't change that much,
and with the help of dyndns.org it seems like the best way for my
friends and family back home to see my pics.  Well, I got it all set up,
and I can see it fine, but no one outside of AT&T's network can.  Is
AT&T blocking this traffic somehow??  I read on their site that they
don't want you to host any type of server, but this seems kind of
ridiculous.  I can understand if I was getting mass amounts of traffic,
but this is very small.  I sucessfully did this fine from my timewarner
cable modem when I was back in NC and it worked great.

So, I guess what I'm wondering is, has anyone seen the same thing, or
does anyone know of a way around it?  I tried to simply just run apache
at a different port (8080), but still to no avail.  Thanks in advance.

respectfully,
-rtw