[lug] ThinkPad/DVD and regions?

John Starkey jstarkey at jupitermedia.com
Wed Oct 23 02:19:57 MDT 2002

I just bought a ThinkPad A30 and I've been trying to get the DVD drive
working. Has anyone had any luck with this?

I've managed to get xine working, but only as far as the copyright
warning. /var/log/messages is complaining about "DriveReady SeekComplete
Error" and "Media region zone is mismatched to logical unit". So I
assume this is an rpc-2 issue. Anyone know of a way, in Linux to flash
this down to rpc-1? xine has a pref setting for the drives region, but
I've tried 1-8 with no luck.

mplayer seems to play through the warning and into the content, but it's
very jumbled - I'm wondering if this is a region issue as well.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

John