[lug] CVSROOT and CVS/Root

Anders Knudsen anders at theknudsens.net
Wed Oct 23 20:21:49 MDT 2002

Cool. The red-bean cvschroot works great. Just what I was looking for.

Comments on other comments so far...I've used ssh and port forwarded
2401 through before, so I could use pserver. However, depending on the
connection I have with my laptop, the ssh tunnel may go down. Now I only
use ssh if I need VNC access to my workstation at work.
So rather than keep a tunnel up for just CVS, I opted to use :ext: with
ssh. It serves my need fine, as we're talking about my work files, which
means we have complete control over the ssh server (allowing only ssh2
with rsa/dsa.)

Thanks for the responses.

-anders.