[lug] top posting WAS Re: NO Attachments!!!

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Thu Oct 24 17:18:51 MDT 2002

"Sexton, George" <gsexton at mhsoftware.com> writes:
> Personally, I think requiring bottom posting is one of the silliest things I
> have seen. You mean I have to wade through the message to find what the
> person said. Ridiculous.

Bottom- and mixed-posting puts the flow of conversation in what I
would consider a reasonable order.

You say something, then I say something, and so on.  I'll bottom-post
if there's really one major idea to respond to.  Otherwise, I try to
respond to individual points by splitting what a person says into
multiple groups of quoted lines, with my responses in reasonable
places between groups.  That way, it flows as though you say
something, then I give a response, then you say something else, and I
respond...

--
Chris Riddoch       | epistemological
socket at peakpeak.com | humility