Friendly ISPs in the Boulder area WAS: Re: [lug] AT&T blocking http??

Philip Cooper Philip.Cooper at openvest.org
Sat Oct 26 10:16:45 MDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 02:56:15PM -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 13:29, Dhruva B. Reddy wrote:
>
> I had heard that Qwest has started charging horrendous installation
> charges for folks who want to be transported to other ISP's other than
> their own... is this what you mean?

They charge fees if you breath.  I got the $99 charge every time I
picked up the phone to complain about something they screwed up.  They
also have a $25 charge to program ip's and on and on.  They have so
much red ink on their financials that they were billing me for
anything to cover their past sins.

Be suspicious of someone who forces all users to MSN for access.  I'm
sure someone's happy with them but for me it's a -- never again --
learning experience!

--
Philip J. Cooper