[lug] Tape Drives

Nick Golder purenrg at hiveportal.net
Mon Oct 28 08:33:33 MST 2002

I would suggest taking a look at Amanda.  It combines the advantages of
both tar and dump.  It also offers some great remote backup features.

Using tar or dump can become a holy war (and it will if you give it
long enough ;o)

Both tar and dump have their differing strengths and weaknesses and in
the end, it depends on the function of your backups.
-Nick