[lug] OT: ATT Broadband service interruptions?

John Dollison johndollison at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 30 14:21:40 MST 2002

After talking with a different tech on the phone, a repair guy was sent to
my house.  He said, "Oh, the RCA DCM215.... I just replaced one of those the
day before yesterday, same problem.  I'll just go get a new modem from the
truck."  So now I'm the proud leaseholder (leasee?) of a Motorola SURFboard
cable-modem. A few minutes later we hooked it up and got it registered at
AT&T's website, and I'm back online!  Woo-hoo!

(And, to make this Linux related, he asked me what OS I had, just before we
registered the modem.  I said "Linux," and he said "Cool."  He didn't insist
that I must have an OS problem; he didn't even insist that I hook the modem
directly to my computer, instead of to my SMC Barricade router!)

John

.