[lug] Redhat 7.3 wireless help

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Oct 30 15:02:54 MST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 13:44, Dan Julio wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I am looking to see if there is anyone who does linux
> consulting or is an expert capable of configuring a
> laptop to support a wireless network connection.

Hi Dan,

If you bring it to the Hacking Society meeting tomorrow night at Caffe
Sole:

  http://www.hackingsociety.org/chapters/blug/
  Date and Time: Thursday, October 31rd from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
  Location: Caffe Sole' - There is 802.11b wireless there.
  Directions: In the King Soopers Shopping plaza at table mesa
     and Broadway. 637 S. Broadway St # R, Boulder

then its very likely that folks attending can get it working.  Caffe
Sole has a DSL connection shared over 802.11b and it was the first place
that I got my laptop using wi-fi.  Also, as a Linux beginner we can
perhaps help you with other Linux questions.

good luck,
Ed

ps - If tomorrow is no good, the HS meets almost every week at Caffe
     Sole so you can always try next week...

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/edhill.php
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phones:  303-384-2094, 303-273-3483