[lug] Cheap centralized storage

Sexton, George gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Thu Oct 31 09:00:36 MST 2002

You could look at something like the Adaptec 2400 raid controller. It has 4
IDE controller ports for a total of 8 drives. Combine that with some 320GB
drives and it would supply quite a lot of juice.

You might also want to take a look at the 3Ware controllers. I am going to
buy a low-end one and test it out. The higher end ones look quite nice. The
driver is supported in kernel 2.4.15 and higher.

http://www.3ware.com/

Now, the question becomes how do you back this up?

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Home of Connect Daily Web Calendar Software
http://www.mhsoftware.com/connectdaily.htm
Voice: 303 438 9585