[lug] bastille hardening

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 31 16:42:55 MST 2002

So I have used and enjoyed Bastille on my redhat7.3
box with TK. Now I would like to run Bastille
on my production Redhat7.1 Alpha server. My Alpha box
is current with its redhat updates. When I tryed the
7.1 rpm it said it needed libc.so.6 and other libc6 stuff..
so I compiled. Now when I try to start Bastille -c I get

Using Curses user interface module.
Only displaying questions relevant to the current configuration.

ERROR: Could not load the 'Curses.pm' interface module.
      This may be due to an invalid $DISPLAY setting,
      or the module not being visible to Perl.

I could not get the perl-Curses rpm to install either.So i download
Curses.pm from cpan and copied it everywhere i.e. ...

/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/alpha-linux/Curses.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/Curses.pm
/usr/lib/Bastille/Curses.pm

still no go. Could someone point me in the right direction please :)

thanks,
jd
jd at taproot.bz
http://www.taproot.bz