[lug] cisco678 - PPP - /29

Frank Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Sun Nov 3 18:28:09 MST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "j davis" <davis_compz at hotmail.com>
To: <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: [lug] cisco678 - PPP - /29

> >Probably should have snipped the MD5 password hashes out of that... heh.
> >
> >Nate
> >
> >On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 14:23, j davis wrote:
> > >
> > > sho run.....
> > > cbos#sho run
> > > Warning: traffic may pause while NVRAM is being accessed
> > > [[ CBOS = Section Start ]]
> > > NSOS MD5 Enable Password =
> > >

> lol...though about that later....
>
> cbos#set telnet disabled
> TELNET is disabled
>

> thanks,
> jd

I've left telnet enabled, but put the port way off the map.  Port 23 scans
can be a bugger because C678 will only accept one telnet connection.
There's a 60 second timeout, so if the scans come at <60 second intervals,
it logs the attempt and blocks legit entry.  Granted, someone could scan for
the off beat port and if I see it in the logs, I'll probably disable telnet
anyway.  I once found 13,000 attempts logged on port 23.

Frank