[lug] Cheap centralized storage

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Mon Nov 4 11:32:19 MST 2002

I have done exactly 0 searching on this, but, you might want to look into a
solution like Quantum's SNAP servers.  I'd pimp out Maxtor's MaxAttach, but
that's a dead line, so Quantum's the next best thing.  If they have anything
to compete with the MaxAttach 6000 (over 3TB capacity) you might be able to
get a very serious solution for cheaper than SCSI.  Last I heard, the SNAPs
were Linux powered.