[lug] Host file access from UML

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Fri Nov 8 15:12:35 MST 2002

On 11-07 10:23, Dale R. Hill wrote:
> I am trying mount my host file system so that it is directly accessible from
> UML. The documentation indicates that the host file system can be mounted as
> a virtual hostfs via the following mount command:
>
> mount none /mnt/host -t hostfs -o /usr
>
> When I try this I get the following error message: mount point /mnt/host
> does not exist.
>
> The question is: Does anyone know how to mount the host file system within
> UML so that it is accessible.
>
> BTW: I am running Linux 7.3. I patched the 2.4.19 version of the kernel with
> uml-patch-2.4.19-27. Additionally, I am booting UML with root_fs =
> root_fs_toms1.7.205.

Forgive my ignorance, but from the context I'm guessing that "UML" here does
not stand for Unified Modeling Language, and is an acronym for something
else. What is it?

TIA,

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.
-Jimmy Cannon