[lug] EPS inclusion in Postscript, by hand

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Wed Nov 13 23:16:52 MST 2002

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Riddoch <socket at peakpeak.com> writes:

Chris> I'm having a heck of a time getting anything to work.  There
Chris> are lots of examples of how to *create* an EPS file out there,
Chris> but apparently not as much on referring to it so it's included
Chris> in a postscript file.

See pages 14 et seq (ooh, I hope I used that correctly) in:

   http://www.npes.org/standards/Tools/5002_EPSF_Spec.pdf

As for how I found that:  first, I looked through my dead-tree copy of
the red book (postscript language manual, 2nd ed), which does have
some code for EPSF embedding.  Then I thought I'd look at the on-line
copy of the 3rd version of the PS ref manual:

   http://www.adobe.com/products/postscript/pdfs/PLRM.pdf

But it has removed the EPSF code and tells you to look at "Technical
Note 5002".  I couldn't find such a note on the adobe site, but the
NPES site above had a copy of it.

If that isn't sufficient, let me know, and I can copy in the EPSF code
from the 2nd ed.

t.