[lug] October 10, 2002 - Boulder Linux User Group Meeting

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Fri Nov 15 16:13:55 MST 2002

>>>>> "Nate" == neelsmith74  <neelsmith74 at netscape.net> writes:

Nate> Hi all, The City of Northglenn is working hard to convert to a
Nate> 99% Open Source structure.

This is cool!

Nate> Our new IT Director & weak economy (low city funds) have really
Nate> helped the push lately.

I'm curious about the process.  Was this driven by the IT Director?
Or from someone else in the city IT department?  Or was it driven from
the outside somehow?

Nate> We still have a long way to go before we will see it on the
Nate> Desktop, but if any of you have seen Jeffco (Linux Servers to
Nate> Desktops), there is hope.

I haven't heard about this.  Could you tell me?

I'm interested in any information about governments in the area
switching to free software.  In particular data about the cost savings
would be useful, or a white paper describing the process, problems,
and effects...

Tom