[lug] gedit vs. ...

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 16 01:53:32 MST 2002

Hello,
I have started looking for a new text editor, gedit is great but
I think I can get a little bit more bang for ..well...the buck that
I didnt spend :) Anyway, I am looking for a editor that will color-code
perl and html as I'm writing. Emacs and VI do color code, but what i really
want
is for a loop with no closing } to dis-color until I put the } in...or
if I have a <tr> with no </tr> etc..etc.. In emacs and vi if i removed the
";"
from the end of a line in a perl script...it didnt do anything...i was
hopeing for the whole line to go red or something. Is this possible.
btw..a text editor for X would be great but not a deal breaker...and
the ability to make custom key-bindings would be swell....but if
its just not out there...GNU emacs looks pretty neat.

thanks,
jd

jd at taproot.bz
http://www.taproot.bz

"Who you trying to get crazy with essay?
          Don't you know I'm loco?"

-Cypress Hill