[lug] Install RedHat on Flight Computer

Anik Sanchez-Rubalcava sanchea at ucsub.colorado.edu
Mon Nov 18 15:05:08 MST 2002

Hi,

I'm having some troubles with installing redhat linux 7.3
on a flight computer.

The flight computer is a 686 on a PC/104 board.  It has a
flash hard disk, 32MB.

I need to install RTLinux Pro. on it, however, in order to
do that I need an underlying linux OS.  So, I've tried
a CD-ROM install connected by an IDE cable to the board.

However, even though the BIOS recognizes the CD and it boots
from the CD.  During the RedHat installation, the installer
asks where the install packages are and only gives the hard
drive as an option, that is it doesn't seem to see the CD.

Has anyone else encountered this prob?

Any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Anik