[lug] Disk IO monitor

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Nov 19 16:01:25 MST 2002

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 09:33:49PM +0100, rm at fabula.de wrote:
>does anyone know a tool to monitor disk IO on a per-
>process base for Linux. I googled and freshmeated arround
>but couldn't find anything _except_ atop which would be nice
>if it wouldn't reuqire a kernel patch that i wasn't able to
>locate.

AFAIK, the block I/O stats are only available on a system-wide basis,
not per-process.

Part of that is that the disc I/O is fairly removed from the individual
processes.  I could be wrong, but I don't see anything in /proc that
does it.

Sean
--
 "All I'm saying is that when I'm around you I find myself showing off,
 which is the idiots version of being interesting."  -- _LA_Story_