[lug] DSL Availibility

Brian Moore bmoore at digitalglobe.com
Sat Nov 23 12:44:29 MST 2002

Unless you want to run a VPN, that is.  When AT&T did the Longmont
rollout, they blocked UDP 500 (IKE) and IP protocol 50 (ESP).
When one of my colleagues called them about it, they were rather
rude and pointed out the statement in their AUP that "our cable
modem service is for entertainment purposes only."  Their price
for allowing you to run a VPN is around $300/month.

Apparently, they are going to eventually go back to previous
deployments and apply the same filters...

-Brian