[lug] SMTP delivery: No route to host

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 26 21:58:15 MST 2002

`
>j davis said:
>
> > all this wineing from people who didnt even use email a few years ago...
> > now when they get a spam they go loopy...they dont diserve your
> > mothering.. when people realise the world does NOT OWE YOU
> > anything...they will start to see....and your not helping
>
>You are looking at this the wrong way around.  This is NOT to prevent
>users from getting SPAM (if it were everyone would have to admit that it
>is an abysmal failure).  It is to prevent the ISP from being /complicit/
>in the /sending/ of SPAM.
>
>Whether it is right or wrong I will leave up to you; but if you are going
>to condemn it, at least condemn it for what it actually is.
>
>-Peter
>
>PS: Hey Kirk!
>
>-P

um...sorry to inform you of this but blocking port 25
is all about keeping users from getting spam...this tatic is
a collective offensive move by ISPs on spamers for the result of
*stopping the user from getting spam* :)
uh...I dont know who you are refering to but
I am quite clear on the subject at hand.

thank you,
jd