[lug] Hotmail .. was Re: threading

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Wed Nov 27 11:50:57 MST 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Peter Hutnick said:

> There's a pretty good chance that he is using Hotmail . . .
>
> Man I miss the days when Hotmail didn't suck.

You mean before M$ got a hold of it?  :->

That reminds me of a Q I've been meaning to ask.  During the past two yrs
or so, without exception when I receive a msg w/ mime attachment which has
a HM sending @, the attachment is truncated.  I end up asking the sender
if he/she has an alternative mail account to send from, and it arrives w/o
problem when the sender resends via the alternative.  I've also
experienced the problem with a few other mail portals, but see it more
often with HM due to it's overwhelming popularity.

Upon mentioning it to a co-worker, he had the sender of one such problem
msg try sending it to him, and he reported that it had arrived intact.
The difference is that he uses Pegasus on W98 and I use Linux.  Seems
highly unlikely, but could it be attributable to my MTA (sendmail)?  The
problem occurs across receiving ISP's.

John Karns                                        jkarns at csd.net