[lug] OT: Medium Area Network

Bill Wimsatt bwimsatt at coraccess.com
Wed Nov 27 13:16:13 MST 2002

I am wondering if there is any expertise for building a medium area
network in this group. We are working with a customer who is trying to
build a network for 65 buildings in a 20 acre area. They do not wan to
subcontract to AT&T. We have suggested a radio tower and go wireless
(ala Hummingbird), but they want a cabled solution. Fiber may be too
expensive (not sure). Possible copper solutions? Suggestions?

BTW, We are going to be running H.323 based Voice application and some
simple gate controls.

Regards,
Bill