[lug] Weirdness: openoffice / mozilla won't start

Ben Luey lueyb at jilau1.Colorado.EDU
Wed Nov 27 17:02:59 MST 2002

I don't know if these problems are related, but they are baffling me. I
have a default install of mandrake 9.0, which I'm sure normally doesn't
have these problems.

When I run openoffice, often (but not always) it will think a while, show
the flash screen and the flash an open document page and then disappear.
The terminal from where I ran oowriter will then say "Done". It didn't
crash, or get an error or anything. It just closed itself right as it
started. I get this problem less often when I open oocalc, or if I have
openoffice open up a file on startup, but neither method is sure-fire.

Problem 2) When I run mozilla, I get a profile mananger dialog that lets
me add / delete / modify the profiles. I have my normal profile setup but
when I click on it and say run, nothing happens. Why mozilla even brings
up the profile manager instead of a web-browser is beyond me.

Any ideas? Are these problems related?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey