[lug] Weirdness: openoffice / mozilla won't start

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Wed Nov 27 21:35:03 MST 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Warren Sanders said:

> Ben Luey wrote:
> >
> > Problem 2) When I run mozilla, I get a profile mananger dialog that lets
> > me add / delete / modify the profiles. I have my normal profile setup but
> > when I click on it and say run, nothing happens. Why mozilla even brings
> > up the profile manager instead of a web-browser is beyond me.
> >
> > Any ideas? Are these problems related?
>
> Prob. 2 is probably due to an existing stray mozilla process.  Was a
> Mozilla session running prior to this behavior?

My guess is that if more than one profile has been created, it
unconditionally displays the dialog of choices - at least that is the way
it's behaving on my system.  However in the case that there is another
instance running under the same login id, it also dsiplays the dialog,
even if only one profile exists, and doesn't allow using the same profile
for two instances.

John Karns                                        jkarns at csd.net