[lug] Blurry text with new monitor

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Sun Dec 1 09:23:42 MST 2002

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 11:10:22PM -0800, Jeffrey Siegal wrote:
> Dan Cox wrote:
> >I just bought a new viewsonic 19 inch A90f and the text seems to be

I know this is too late to help you, but I thought I'd pass along a word of wisdom from Robert Thompson (of O'Reilly's "PC Hardware in a Nutshell").  He's pretty well sold on NEC/Mitsubishi monitors (for reliability and appearance).  I heeded his advice and bought an NEC Accusync 90 when my old monitor died.

This is just a 19-inch monitor, yet it's clearer at 1600 by 1200 than my old 21-incher was (and that's with the cheap Savage 4 video on a Shuttle SV25).

Anyway, you might want to keep Thompson's recommendation in mind for future purchases.  For other recommendations, check out http://www.hardwareguys.com/picks/picks.html.

And if you _do_ look for an NEC monitor, and have no problem buying through the Internet, check out EMS Computing (www.emscomputing.com) -- they have the lowest NEC prices I've seen.

Calvin

--