[lug] Problems with SuSe 8.0 on Toshiba Tecra 8100

William Petty billpetty at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 2 22:16:28 MST 2002

I have downloaded the files from your provided link and will try it out when
I get time.  The install description is for Red-Hat...I have looked at both
Red-Hat and SuSe, and like SuSe better, and besides Red-Hat does not
support dosemu which I need for some old parallel port prom programmers
and JTAG control of LSI chips.

As to your second comment, This is a fresh install on a blank drive.  I will
look for an ALSA source package on the CD's but will replace from the web
if they are old.   I have to swap out the hard drive to debug the new
installation.
When I get It working, I will move it onto my main hard drive which dual-boots
Win2K / Linux.

Wish me luck.