[lug] Problems with SuSe 8.0 on Toshiba Tecra 8100

Andrew Gilmore agilmore at uc.usbr.gov
Tue Dec 3 13:33:21 MST 2002

I've been using the ALSA drivers for sound in my Dell Inspiron 8000 for
a couple of years now. They actually work.  :)

The compilation process is not that great, but installation was fairly
straightforward.

I've successfully done DVDs and sound recording (although primitive CLI
stuff) on the laptop as well.

Andrew