[lug] Problems with SuSe 8.0 on Toshiba Tecra 8100

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Tue Dec 3 14:33:27 MST 2002

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Andrew Gilmore said:

> I've been using the ALSA drivers for sound in my Dell Inspiron 8000 for
> a couple of years now. They actually work.  :)
>
> The compilation process is not that great, but installation was fairly
> straightforward.
>
> I've successfully done DVDs and sound recording (although primitive CLI
> stuff) on the laptop as well.
>
> Andrew

Maybe I'll take another stab at it in the future.  I don't know that much
about alsa other than it has a few apps that make it more suitable for use
in for some multimedia applications.

I'd be all hears to find out any particaulars about alsa on the I8k  :)
It's been a while since I tried it - but I don't remember compiling from
source, I think I just tried using the SuSE supplied pkg.

John Karns                                        jkarns at csd.net