[lug] Flash + Netscape + XMMS lock-up

Andrew Gilmore agilmore at uc.usbr.gov
Wed Dec 4 12:37:35 MST 2002

In the Mozilla 1.2.1 rel notes
(http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.2.1/)

"# Linux users should upgrade to the latest Flash 6 Beta
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashplayer/special/beta/. This new
version fixes several problems including crashing with remote displays
and hangs when the audio device is in use at the time Flash starts up.
Mozilla 1.3 Alpha may not support Flash 5 or earlier so update now. (Bug
58339, 58937)"

Works for me.

The only other options are disabling flash, or some odd ldd hacks
(maybe, my memory is fuzzy)

Andrew