[lug] network issue/redhat linux 8.0

Tony Dyson the_anorak at worldnet.att.net
Thu Dec 5 18:34:26 MST 2002

A dim memory says these 3Com cards like to default to IRQ5. Is something
else trying to use that? It smells like some kind of hardware conflict.
3Com used to supply a DOS utility to reconfigure the card. You might try
  forcing a different interrupt that way.

The parameter on the modules.conf options line is evidently making
something unhappy too.

I've seen adverse comments about these NIC's & Linux in the past. Do you
have a different brand that you could try?