[lug] Open Source Software Licenses & the University

Scott Herod herod at dimensional.com
Fri Dec 6 09:41:57 MST 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Scott Herod wrote:

> Ages ago, it seems, when I was at the University I always put the
> following at the top of my source code that I made available.  I did have
> one bad experience with the TT office that cost me a contract so I'm glad
> to see that they are offering presentation.

Sorry, I forgot to actually add the copyright statement to my last
message.  I suppose that it is not compatible with the GPL.

/*  Copyright 1995 by Scott A. Herod.
 *
 *  Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any
 *  purpose on any computer system, and to redistribute it freely,
 *  subject to the following restrictions:
 *
 *  1. The author is not responsible for the consequences of use of
 *     this software, no matter how awful, even if they arise from
 *     defects in the software.
 *
 *  2. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented, either
 *     by explicit claim or by omission.
 *
 *  3. Altered versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not
 *     be misrepresented as being the original software.
 *
 *  4. No piece of this software may be included in a package that is
 *     sold or distributed for profit without the written permission
 *     of the author.
 */